Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bumped Heads and Homemade Jam

Jacob had a birthday party on Saturday night. He was having so much fun and his friend made him laugh really hard, he threw his head back and then just kept on going right off a bench. He has the biggest goose egg I have ever seen !!! I tried to take some pictures, but it does NOT do it justice. Luckily, he is OK. It is hard to see, but right there in the middle of the back of his head, right on the edge of his head where it is sticking out - BIG. I almost didn't make it myself. You may know that moment, you get a call on your cell phone from the kids parents and you think, what is wrong?! Thankfully Jacob has a really hard head, just like his dad (barry said it, not me!!)

Nana is HERE!! We are loving having nana here. We kept her busy yesterday, Christmas shopping and making batch after batch of homemade jam. I kept her so busy she didn't have time for any pictures, yet!! When Jacob got home from school everyone had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - look at these HAPPY faces!!

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

That is a big bump! But what a stud he is!

Sharron said...

Good grief, for any bump to show through all that hair, it has g=to be huge!

Jealous over the jam. I have done lots of canning, but not much in the yummy dept. I used to start my bread and as it was rising, I would make my jam. Guarantee, the first pint and a whole loaf was gone as soon as I said dive in. Even before I was married and I just had roomies.

Sally said...

Yeah for Nanna!

Jacob, that is the BEST way EVER to get a bump on your head. Laugh it up Jacob!

Happy Herrons said...

OUCH!! I am glad everyone survived1 Hang in there mamma - you can do it and the next reunion is only like 9 months away!