Sunday, October 11, 2009

The MOM'S are coming! The MOM'S are coming!!

Barry left this morning for his 6 week school. To say I am a wreck would be an understatement. Why can't I just get it together?! And when will I stop crying at the drop of a hat? The kids are doing great, thankfully. We actually made it to church only a couple minutes late. I sat there in sacrament thinking, I made it, I am doing this, we are all dressed and looking nice and I am not crying. I actually made it the whole church without shedding a tear. Then it was time to go, when Barry usually picks us up (he has to run home early to get ready for work) and I lost it. I am trying to stumble out the door with the three kids in tow and not let anyone see my face. It is the overwhelming fact of how long six weeks is. Now I know others who leave for much longer (thank you military people), I don't know how they do it. I am hoping that most of this craziness is from being pregnant and a little kookie to begin with!

Now, some good news. The MOM'S are coming. Both my and Barry's mom have generously offered to come for a few days to help take care of me, oh, I mean the kids. THANKS MOM'S! The kids are so excited to spend time with their grandma's! They are counting the days till you get here.

I love and miss you B!

4 comments:

Sharron said...

I feel for you, but isn't it wonderful that the two of you have your lives intertwined so that you do need each other? I have been fortunate in that when Jon has left, it usually was for just a few days at a time and then he would be back home for the weekend. It was always such a relief to have him for that short time for a break . . . and his laundry (wink, wink). I feel for those who can live so separately and don't seem to know that they are missing something.

Good Luck, and you will manage in the long run, I know you!

Heather said...

Hello...of course you are crazy and need to cry 24/7,HELLO you are preggers AND husbandless. Cry all you want...maybe they can work you up some free meals from the RS!

Erin said...

So sorry! Jeff was just gone for 2 weeks and I hated it. I don't know how single moms do it!? But I was lucky and my mom was here most of the time to make sure I kept my sanity. 6 weeks is such a long time, hang in there.

carolyne b said...

I remember the feeling when my then husband was in school in Calgary and we lived 2 hours away and I was pregnant with my first child. Needless to say he finished school got the good job and the first child turned out to be twins!!! Yicks!!!
Are the moms coming out together or separtly? All the best!! And Happy Canadian Thankgiving.